Biotechnology Training & Workshop

Kerala Biotechnology Commission under the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment invites research proposals under Biotechnology Training and Workshop (BTW) programme to conduct training on the use of various advanced/modern research techniques in the areas of Biotechnology in emerging areas of Biotechnology

The proposals can be submitted

The Proposal can be submitted by University/Colleges, Central and State R&D institutions/Organizations within the state for conducting the training programme. The proposal should  consists of at least 3 scientists including (1) a Course Co-ordinator who have expertise in the research area of the proposed course (2) two others chosen as Core-Faculty from the host institute and their consent regarding the participation in the course  indicated in the proposal. The  course  should be designed to impart hands-on  training in research techniques to post graduate students, Doctoral students, Post Doctoral students, Young faculty and mid-career Scientists so that participants can apply the  skills in their research programmes. In addition to the internal faculty, external Guest Faculty drawn from other Indian laboratories/institutes engaged actively in the relevant research areas should be invariably invited as resource persons. A laboratory manual for training programme should be made available to the participants at the beginning of the course.


Total cost of a course should be within an amount of Rs.1,50,000/-.  This would include cost of Chemicals, consumables, printing of laboratory manual, TA/DA of external experts, stationary, contingency etc. There is no provision to provide TA/DA to the participants. Partial financial assistance (70% of the total cost) will be released to the Head of the Institution before the date of commencement of training programme. The remaining portion of Financial assistance (30%) sanctioned will be released to the Head of the Institution, only after the successful conduct of the Programme and submission of the course manual, SE/UC.

How to Apply? 

Applications, endorsed by the Institution  should be forwarded by the Head of the Institution. 7 copies of the proposals are required to be submitted in the given format available in the website of KBC/KSCSTE along with a soft copy (CD) which may be addressed to The Advisor,  Kerala Biotechnology Commission, Kerala State Council For Science, Technology and Environment, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695004.

Last Date of Submission of Proposal is on or before 15 November ,2017.


[MS-Word Format:]

          Norms for Submission of SE & UC as per KSCSTE Council(M)OrderNo.144/2017/KSCSTE dated 26-05.2017

More Details Contact

Programme Officer, Kerala Bio-Technology Commission 
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE),
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Telephone: (0471) 2548200 (PABX), 2548314 (D)
Fax: O471-2540085
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.