About the scheme
KSCSTE invites applications from candidates for the selection of Emeritus Scientists of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, an autonomous body of Government of Kerala. Scientists / academicians in any of the Science/ Engineering branches from the State of Kerala who have retired from service or completed their assignments from reputed institutions with research publications in reputed journals are eligible to apply. The Emeritus Scientists will engage in full time research work for 3 years in the relevant subject areas.
- Tap knowledge and to provide support to superannuated outstanding scientists to pursue research in their respective field of specialization.
- To utilize their talent and use their experience in addressing state level important issues.
Who can apply?
- Candidates should be scientists / academicians in Kerala by birth or domicile and should have worked as a scientist / academician in reputed institutions with commendable scientific achievements.
- Candidates should have published research papers in peer reviewed journal with impact factor greater than 1.
- Age should not exceed 65 years as on 1st January 2017.
- The duration of Emeritus Scientist Scheme shall normally be for a period of 3 years.
- Rs.25,000/- per month for the three years with 10% HRA and annual contingency of Rs.1,00,000/-.
- Assistance of a Research Fellow can be availed.
- Based on reviewing the application, assessment and evaluation of a proposed project by experts before the Selection Committee meeting and personal interview by the Selection Committee.
How to apply
Eligible candidates may submit application in the prescribed format with copies of certificates, training, age, educational qualifications, achievements, publications etc. The application should contain mailing address, contact number and e-mail ID. An undertaking from Head of any of the recognized Research Centres/Departments/Institutions stating that research facilities will be extended to the Emeritus Scientist if selected or have no objection in allowing the Emeritus Scientist to carry out the programme in the institution is to be attached along with the application. The candidate may also submit a brief profile in the prescribed format along with the application form.
For further details
Kerala State Council for Science,Technology and Environment
SASTHRA BHAVAN, PATTOM, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM – 695 004.
Telephone : (0471) 2543701-05 (PABX), 2534605 (O)
Fax : 0471-2540085