SELECTIVE AUGMENTATION OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (SARD)
The scheme is intended to augment basic infrastructure facilities for promoting R&D activities primarily in the University Departments, Colleges and R & D institutions in Kerala. SARD envisages modernization of laboratories by way of acquisition of essential equipments and the upgrading of existing facilities for promoting research.
The facilities provided under the program are intended to support the efforts of the Department as a whole and proposal towards individual R&D support will not be accepted under this scheme.
- A permanent faculty having doctorate degree from any of the Science (including Medical & Agriculture) and Engineering Departments/ Centres from the State of Kerala having strong postgraduate teaching and research programs are eligible to apply.
- The department should have at least 3 faculty members who are doctorate holders.
- The coordinator should have at least 3 years of experience (in the case of young coordinator) or 5 years left for retirement (in the case of senior coordinator) in the institute.
- R & D Institutes under KSCSTE are not entitled to apply under the SARD scheme
- Self-financing colleges / institutes are entitled to a maximum of 50% of the outlay.
For Further Details