About the scheme
ENVISis a decentralized system with a network of distributed subject oriented Centres ensuring integration of national efforts in environmental information collection, collation, storage, retrieval and dissemination to all concerned.The ENVIS Centre in Kerala deals with state of the environment aspects of Kerala State and is functioning at Kerala State Council For Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE).Project Coordinator: Dr. Kamalakshan Kokkal, Principal Scientific Officer, KSCSTE
- Create a database on different environment related topics of Kerala by collecting secondary data from Government agencies, R&D Centres, Universities and other NGO’s.
- Adopt modern technologies of information acquisition, processing, storage, retrieval and dissemination by creating an exclusive website with the ultimate objective of disseminating information speedily to the users.
- Promote national and international cooperation and liaison for exchange of Environment related data and information
- Use the Indian State Level Basic Information Database (ISBEID) software developed by NIC in the ENVIS Centre website
- Publish News Bulletin on State of Environment of Kerala
- Generate State of Environment Report of Kerala on selected topics.
- Database development (ISBEID*)
*ISBEID stands for Indian State-level Basic Environmental Information Database
Database as per the ISBEID format is being prepared using mainly secondary data covering the following topics:
- Administrative profile
- Natural Resources
- Hazardous Waste
- Institutional Framework
- Ground Water
For further details