About the Scheme
“Back to Lab programme” programme of Women Scientists Division is aimed to provide Research and Post-Doctoral Fellowship to qualified women who have break in their career to come back to the main-stream research. The scheme offers project grant, which is inclusive of Research Fellowship/Post-Doctoral Fellowship to the Women Scientist. As per the programme, the researcher has to work in a reputed research institution under the guidance of a Scientist Mentor, who is a permanent faculty of the Institute.
To provide opportunity for qualified unemployed women, who had break in carrier to come back to Science research thereby facilitating their re-entry in a career in Science.
Who can apply?
Applicants should satisfy the following conditions.
• Unemployed women of Kerala origin qualified with Post Graduate Degree in Basic /Applied Science or Professional Courses.
• Having break in career for atleast one year due to family commitments.
Back to Lab Post-Doctoral Fellowship
• Fellowship : Rs. 32,000/- plus 10% HRA per month
• Minimum eligibility : Ph.D. in any of the streams; Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture or Medicine (STEAM).
Back to Lab Research Fellowship
- Fellowship : Rs. 20,000/- plus 10% HRA per month (years I&II) & Rs. 25,000/- plus 10% HRA per month (Year III).
• Maximum project grant : Rs. 30 lakhs.
• Scientist Mentor should be a permanent faculty of the institution and should have atleast 5 years left in service in the Institute.
• Post Graduate Degree holders in Basic/ Applied Science should have registered/ should register for Ph.D. within one year of sanction of the project.
• Post graduate degree holders in Basic/ Applied Science should have atleast 2 years of research experience.
• For Post-Doctoral Fellowship, the applicant should choose an institution other than their Ph.D Research centre for carrying out the Back to Lab project.
Normally for 3 years.
For more Details Contact
Head, Women Scientists Division
Kerala State Council of Science, Technology and Environment
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom (P.O), Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
Ph: 0471 2548208, Fax: 0471 2540085, 2534605