The objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to the students of University Departments and Colleges in Kerala for the conduct of Scientific Projects.
Eligibility (who can Apply)
Any student who is currently studying at University Departments, Colleges in Kerala can apply for financial assistance under this scheme.
1. The application for financial assistance in the prescribed format should be submitted in triplicate to the Member Secretary, KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom Palace P.O, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004.
2. The students are requested to submit a brief proposal in the “Prescribed Format” in the address mentioned above at least 60 days prior to the start date of the project, so as to enable, KSCSTE to scrutinize and sanction proposals recommended for funding by the committee.
3. Item wise financial estimates should be mentioned clearly in the proposal submitted, showing rates, quantity and total for each item.
1. These rules may be called the ‘Rules for grant of financial assistance to student projects of scientific, technological and environmental importance, conducted in the State’.
2. Under these rules Financial assistance may be granted to the student pursuing M. Sc., Engineering, Medical Courses of Universities/Colleges in Kerala for conducting scientific research projects.
3. Financial assistance may be limited to specific items of expenditure or to cover a part of the expenditure on the whole function.
4. The quantum of assistance with the ceiling is given below.
- Student projects will be eligible for a minimum grant of Rs.5,000/- and maximum of Rs.10,000/-. These should be forwarded by the guide/sponsor through the University Department/College Principal as the case may be.
- Subject to availability of funds, proposal for financial assistance will be screened and approved by the duly constituted committee, which will subsequently be sanctioned by the Director, KSCSTE.
- Financial assistance will be released only after submitting the final report, statement of expenditure and utilization certificate after successful completion of the project.
- Utilization certificate and Statement of expenditure (two copies) shall be furnished to Member Secretary, KSCSTE within three months from the last day of the programme. The accounts should be audited by a Chartered Accountant for projects from private colleges.
- The Council reserves the right to order verification/audit of accounts by any Officer authorized by it and is open to audit by Accountant General. The Accounts shall be kept safely for a minimum period of three years.
- The recipient organization shall comply, with such other conditions as may be suggested in the ‘guidelines’ issued in this regard from time to time.